" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Saturday, July 17, 2010

When He Shows up

Over the past month at church Pastor Dave has been doing a series on American idols, sex, power, and money. As always I walk away in awe of his teaching of the word and passion for Christ. Last Saturday I took a ton of notes and have wanted to share with you and just write it down so I don't forgot. This message really touched my heart because I find myself personally struggling giving each day to Him and not trying to have a false sense of control.  Here are a few of my notes/thoughts:

  • How often does Jesus show up in our lives and we don't recognize him
  • Keep yourselves from idols
  • In your problems there is His peace
  • Ephesians 3:20- Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
  • Our hearts only work well when Jesus is on the throne
  • Phillipians 3:7- But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ
  • Jesus wants to refine me like gold- Will I let him?
  • For some people their temple is the office
    • What is my temple
  • A life devoted to things is a dead life
  • Jesus was in front of Mary and Mary didn't even recognize Him
Do you ever find yourself in church and ready to tear up because God is using the sermon to speak to your current circumstances or situation? This series has hit home with me and if you follow my blog I'm sure you can guess why.  Two things that really hit home for me was when David talked about the temples in our life...are they money, power, the office...bingo. I sat there asking myself if the temple as was my office?  When he described the temples of our lives he meant where do we put our time and priorities.  Friends, if I'm being honest I am guilty of putting more energy into my office and job then is healthy.  This I know and God has been clearly speaking to me in more ways then one lately about this.  It is a struggle I have been dealing with for a while and more since I moved to corporate last year but the changes in my career and responsibilities have definately impacted my "temple". The second thing that really hit a cord was, How often does Jesus show up and we don't recognize Him. Yikes! This hurts my heart truly because it is my hearts desire to be used by Him daily but I'm sure there are times that I am so busy and trying to keep "control" of my day that I miss what he is trying to tell me or ask me to do.  This past week I did have to travel but when I was home I made a conscious effort to SLOW down and keep my email shut off and I can't tell you what a difference it made.  I actually sat outside on our deck and enjoyed reading a book for awhile which was wonderful.  I love to read and haven't in quite some time.  We also had a Uno game night with the boys which was a blast! I can't believe Noah is going to be in kindergarten in less than two months and Ky will me in preschool. 

This weekend is going to be a fun one! I'm going boating with our dear friends and Chad is having a boys day with his buddy and son with our two boys. It's a gorgeous day to be outside and I'm sure we will all be exhausted by this evening but it will a blast! I'm hoping we can go to church tonight but if not we'll go tomorrow.  And tomorrow we have NO plans and i love it!!! I do need to make our menu for the next two weeks and go grocery shopping and my weekly Target run but I always go grocery shopping around 6:00 am so i'm done before it gets crowded.  The farmers have been out with their produce and i'm hoping to get some sweet corn today or tomorrow so we can have it with whatever we make on the grill. I love sweet corn and could have that as a meal:) Well I should go and start putting away the loads of clean laundry that are staring at me while i'm typing.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Sat. If you have any prayer requests that I can be praying for you about please leave a comment or feel free to email me! I'd love to hear from you and pray for you. Blessings!

No comments: