" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cabin Fever!

That's right...I'm having major cabin fever! I haven't left the house since Monday and I'm getting anxious.  I don't remember the last time I have been home for this long.  I've enjoyed spending alot of time with the boys, reading, lounging, since we haven't felt good, and playing many board games.  But yesterday I felt like I needed to get out! I watched at least 6 episodes of top chef, which before yesterday I never watched, and now i'm hooked.  I tried to get caught up on work email but frankly just didn't have the gusto to put a whole lot energy/thought into it.  Today I was back to work, but worked from home. The phone started ringing bright and early but it was wonderful just sitting in my yoga pants plugging away.  My mom and Grams stopped over for an hour to help with the boys who were home today, because Noah still wasn't 100% and I greatly enjoyed their company.  I ran out of coffee beans two days ago and have missed my daily java! My mom was so sweet and stopped to pick me up my favorite coffee drink from our coffee shop around the corner.  It made my day! Tomorrow is Friday and it feels like my Monday.  I'm heading into the city and have a busy day ahead of me.  I have three big meetings back to back and have lost a bit of sleep over them this week.  They are each crucial to different implementations within our organization and I am not looking forward to them.  Sometimes I wish I had a job that I could leave at work.  I'm thankful for the job/opportunities I have as I realize many people are without a job, but some days I wish I could leave it at work and not bring it home.  I find myself having a hard time putting my iphone away and not checking my emails/messages often.  I also have a hard time just relaxing and letting my open items sit until the next day.  Once the boys go to bed I often open work right back up in hopes of getting a head start on the next day.  And lastly when I'm on vacation a day doesn't go back that I check in multiple times....I know as I'm typing this I realize I need to work on this and really pray about prioritizing my day.  Others do it and I don't know why I struggle with it so much.  Any suggestions on how you might deal with your day and leaving work at work?  It's important to me that our boys have my undivided attention when I am home.  Sorry I just went off on a tangent...I guess I just needed to get that out.  I'm off to check on my piles of laundry in hopes that a laundry ferry attacked them while I was working today:) And then its play time with my main men.

No comments: