" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Friday, July 23, 2010

Thunderstorms-Prayer Please

It's 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep, which is odd considering the meds I'm on have helped me sleep better than ever! There have been thunderstorms going on all night and while I typically don't like them one bit I've been listening to this one thinking about how God has been ever present in this "thunderstorm". From the very minute our crash happened and throughout the week He's been right there.  We have been blessed from every angle.  The police, paramedics, doctors, friends, and family have all been amazing.  I have been humbled by the kindness and love but not surprised because we have so many awesome people in our lives.  It's been the "stranger's" kindness that has been comforting especially with the hundred questions I have and repeat phone calls to my insurance agent, the person who hit me's agent, the doctors etc.  We found out late Wed evening that our explorer is totaled. The frame was beyond repair along with a list of other items.  I'm probaly repeating myself from my previous post and I seem to be doing that a lot lately. Supposedly forgetfullness is common after an accident...lol Chad spent the better half of last night looking at cars online and asking my opinion, while I'm more of a in person kind of girl and will need to test drive it to give me opinion one way or the other.  Plus I'm not a huge car girl...I loved my big SUV BUT right now I know it's smart for us to get a car with all of the miles I am putting on it with my job.  So tonight we are going to test drive a few and start making out lists of likes/dislikes.  My top criteria are: black car, sun roof, nice size trunk, great cup holders for my java, and good gas mileage.  We'll see how close we get but we are definately going to take our time on this one and pray for wisdom.  We pick up our rental this morning and the insurance co is only providing one until Wed since it has already been determined that our car it totaled. I'm a little bummed because originally she told me 10 days but I'm going to call her back on Tues and see if they can extend it a day. Today's agenda consists of getting the rental, my chiro appt, and my MRI at 2:30 CST.  If you could please pray for me I would be so thankful.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous about the MRI.  Here's what my family practictioner told me: The calcified spot could be one of three things, just a calcified spot that needs to be monitored due to size, a clump of blood vessels that are enlarged, that would need to be removed to remove the risk of me having an anerism, and the last and my least favorite is a brain tumor.  My dr told me that based on the size of the spot and location she is confident it's not a brain tumor.  I'm thankful that this spot showed up on my CT after the accident because otherwise I don't know when it would have been found but I am anxious and would like to know the results.  I think that's partially why I'm awake so early...and praying I'll be able to fall asleep again shortly. My in laws are going to watch the boys today for us and have a sleep over for them.  They are estactic and as much as my inlaws frankly often bring conflict into my life I'm thankful that they are such good grandparents and love our boys the way that they do.  This weekend we have no plans except test driving cars, church, and picking up the house and i'm glad.  It will be nice to be at home and relax for the most part. I'm hoping to try some new recipes I found in my food and wine magazine. I'll keep you posted on how they turn out.

1 comment:

A Tiny Hiney said...

I'm totally praying for you!!! I know you are in God's hands. He is so gentle with his precious children. I pray that everything turns out for the best!