" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Relaxing Saturday!

I can't tell you how awesome it is that Saturday is here! We are feeling better and were glad to get out of the house this morning and enjoy the fresh air! After having months of Saturdays filled with busy wedding planning, bridal shower, batchlorette party, and wedding it is wonderful to have a Saturday with no plans. I'm loving it.  I almost don't know what to do with myself, but don't worry we are finding plenty to do.  We took the boys out to a few stores. Chad is looking for a projector mount for his new projector.  I stopped in at Pier One to look around.  When then took the boys to a greenhouse that is nearby and have they have a big fish pond which our boys love! Our last stop was to rent a game for the boys and it couldn't have come at a better time.  We are trying to teach our boys that there are things in life that are privelages and not expected. Renting a game is a privelage and they now understand that.  While I would love to give them a game whenver they want I don't think it's in their best interest.  We do normally buy them a game every few months but once a month we let them pick out a game to rent.  Noah has been counting down for 14 days since I told him he could rent one and he hasn't stopped talking about it all day today.  He was trying so hard to be patient but you could tell he was busting at the seams.  So in we went and out we came with a lego game they are thrilled to play.  Now that we've had lunch I think i am going to actually work on laundry since I didn't do more than a load yesterday.  Once that's done and the boys take their nap I'm going to sit on our deck and read a book! I love to read and am so excited to have time this afteroon to relax and do just that. 

Thank you for your prayers yesterday! I had all three meetings and they went amazingly well.  One of them could have gone better and we'll see how that plays out but I know without a doubt that God gave me words or wisdom and peace.  I cant' tell you what a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders!!! It's huge.

Tonight we are going to church and I can't wait!! I just love our pastor and can't wait to be fed spiritually.  My dear friend is back from Haiti and she will be there as well.  I'll also get to see Ash since she is back from her honeymoon.  We saw her briefly last week but it will be nice to see her for more than five minutes. I can't tell you how hard it was this week not to call her at 8am like I normally do.  I promised her husband I'd wait until at least nine and i'm already in my office by then.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful fun filled Saturday! I know we are and I'm thankful for a weekend at home with the fam! Blessings.

No comments: