I was so looking forward to this weekend...it was supposed to be one where I accomplished alot of items on my to do list....many of those items doing fun things with the little men in my life. We did make it to the library on Saturday as a family and had a great time! We have an awesome children's library and the boys love picking out new books and movies.... Chad and I take turns and pick out a few books for ourselves. After listen to an interview I picked up some of Karen Kingsbury's book and have to say I haven't been able to put them down. My productivity came to a halt Saturday after the library...I just felt weak and yuck...great adjective I know... :) Sunday i spent most of the day in bed and spiked a fever Sunday night...woke up this morning freezing but warm to the touch...yep pretty sure i have the flu... but am thankful for my wonderful hubby who went and bought me Gatorade and chicken noodle o's... how i love him.
Quick update as I feel like I've left you guys hanging unintentionally about my PE (pulmonary embolisms) and health problems...God is so good and after switching over to two new drs at a different hospital I feel so much better about the care and treatment plan i'm on. I had a vascular ultrasound done three weeks ago and my large clot in my leg is gone!!! Praise the Lord...I can't tell you the peace that news brought. I felt like such a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. They also did some tests on my liver and an ultrasound and the spot that was found in NC is gone...another praise! My meds have all been adjusted and i'm still going in weekly for blood work but the next step is a dr appt in March. I'm still working through the anxiety that became part of my daily life as a result of everything that took place back in Sept but I've made a lot of progress there thanks to "our Wendy"... an amazing counselor who has been there for me and my extended family for the past 8 years since we moved to the Midwest...she knows our family...my mom, sisters, and brother so well...our story and has become by extension part of our family... Her wisdom and insight is a blessing and has helped me tremendously face my fears..simple things that have become difficult over the months..
Monday, January 10, 2011
Yesterday was a busy day! One that started with me takng off from Chicago and flying to South Carolina....and as I stated before i'm terrified of flying. I posted a thread on MckMama's blogfrog community and was blessed by the many kind comments. A pilot gave me freeofflying.com to checkout and I did watch the video he recommended and it helped. I aslo got to the airport early and had a couple fufu drinks just to help me relaz...between those and the dramimim I was able to relax and get some sleep on the flight...which is normally unheard of. Funny thing is that now that we are here in South Carolina they are having a winter storm!!! It's crazy. They have gotten 7.5 inches of snow and it's all over the news... I also found out my business partner's from chicago who were coming in today's flights were canceled. So it should be interesting..not sure if we will make it out of our hotel...thankfully there is a starbucks around the corner from my hotel...now if they are open is another story:)
Saturday, January 8, 2011
So I was reading Esther's blog here: http://www.laughwithusblog.com/ and thought the list was a great idea!! It's been a bit since i've posted and I actually plan on posting an actual post later but had a few minutes while my laundry is washing and thought this sounded like fun...so here goes 25 random things about me:
- My name is Mimi and I live in the Midwest
- I am the oldest of 6
- I have been married for 6.5 years
- I love love coffee!!!
- Tea is something new i'm also in love with...teavana, teaforte, and harney and sons to name a few
- Jesus is my Lord and Savior without whom I know I would not be alive
- I love to try new red wines
- I enjoy my girl time
- Quilting is something I just learned last year and wish I had more time to do..
- Listening to my sons laugh makes my day
- I don't use the words I love you lightly
- I lived in Alaska for several years and loved it
- I moved 18 times in 13 years
- I love to travel and see new places but am terrified of flying
- I'd love to adopt someday
- I've never been on a mission's trip overseas and hope to
- Barnes and Nobles is one of my favorite stores and I hardly go there because I always leave with a stack of books.
- My favorite color is blue
- Growing up I loved watching G.I. Joe's
- I collect Starbucks's city mugs
- I am a coupon freak! :)
- Mac eyeshaow is my favorite
- Being a mom is the most amaging gift ever given to me
- Anxiety is something that i've struggled with since being diagnosed with PE
- I'm a control freak and God is daily teaching me to let go