" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Monday, January 17, 2011

A case of the Mondays...with the flu:(

I was so looking forward to this weekend...it was supposed to be one where I accomplished alot of items on my to do list....many of those items doing fun things with the little men in my life. We did make it to the library on Saturday as a family and had a great time! We have an awesome children's library and the boys love picking out new books and movies.... Chad and I take turns and pick out a few books for ourselves. After listen to an interview I picked up some of Karen Kingsbury's book and have to say I haven't been able to put them down. My productivity came to a halt Saturday after the library...I just felt weak and yuck...great adjective I know... :) Sunday i spent most of the day in bed and spiked a fever Sunday night...woke up this morning freezing but warm to the touch...yep pretty sure i have the flu... but am thankful for my wonderful hubby who went and bought me Gatorade and chicken noodle o's... how i love him.

Quick update as I feel like I've left you guys hanging unintentionally about my PE (pulmonary embolisms) and health problems...God is so good and after switching over to two new drs at a different hospital I feel so much better about the care and treatment plan i'm on. I had a vascular ultrasound done three weeks ago and my large clot in my leg is gone!!! Praise the Lord...I can't tell you the peace that news brought. I felt like such a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. They also did some tests on my liver and an ultrasound and the spot that was found in NC is gone...another praise! My meds have all been adjusted and i'm still going in weekly for blood work but the next step is a dr appt in March. I'm still working through the anxiety that became part of my daily life as a result of everything that took place back in Sept but I've made a lot of progress there thanks to "our Wendy"... an amazing counselor who has been there for me and my extended family for the past 8 years since we moved to the Midwest...she knows our family...my mom, sisters, and brother so well...our story and has become by extension part of our family... Her wisdom and insight is a blessing and has helped me tremendously face my fears..simple things that have become difficult over the months..

2 comments:

A Tiny Hiney said...

SO many things to be thankful for!! I hope you continue to get better and what a bummer that you caught the flu over the weekend! Have a great week and thanks for the nice comments over on my blog! You're too sweet!! Hugs!

Mandy said...

Wow that is amazing! So glad that your Dr. is working so well with you - and so sorry about the flu! That is soooo crummy. Feel better!