" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Sunday, October 28, 2012

29 weeks and a lazy weekend!

I can't believe I'm already starting my 29th week!! In some respects it seems like yesterday we found out we were expecting and in others it definately feels like 29 weeks! :)  Harper has been moving around ALOT and it's one of my favorite parts of the day. I have my next OB appt tomorrow morning and am looking forward to hearing her heartbeat.  Chad and I are going to schedule a 3D/4D ultrasound in November (which we roll into this week) and I can't wait! We didn't have one with any of the boys and i'm looking forward to seeing her facial features up close. 

I'm really thankful this weekend has been a lazy one! I even managed to take another nap this afternoon after watching my Bears win!! Talk about high blood pressure in the last minute though...oh my goodness. I took the boys to church this morning since Chad wasn't feeling so hot. They had a costume party there and had a really good time!  The funniest part about it is that we bought a big bag of candy to donate yesterday while at Target, and while I remembered to take the receipt and coupon out of the Target bag before giving to Noah to take in to his class I failed to remove the bag of panty liners I bought...YIKES!! When we got home from church Noah pulls out the Target bag from his candy bag and gives it to me and I can't figure out why he is giving me trash. And then I open it.. Needless to say I laughed my head off and got about ten shades of red. It definately made for a funny story. 

After church we came home and had lunch and Chad was feeling good enough to go with us to pick out pumpkins. We weren't up to driving to my favorite orchard but there is a farm not far from us that has a simliar set up and tons of pumpkins to choose from. The boys both picked out a big one and played on their playground area while Chad and I watched and chatted. We were planning on carving them but decided to wait until Tuesday after school.

I did try a new rice and cilantro lime chicken recipe tonight for dinner which was delish! Which brings me to now and I'm sitting on my favorite couch relaxing while I have more rice cooking for tomorrow's chicken fried rice recipe (the recipe says that day old rice is best to use) and then I am going to read to the boys and enjoy catching up on a show or two before Monday gets here. I'm so not ready for the work week but will just take it one day at a time! :) Ky has practice #2 tomorrow and I can't wait to see how it goes. Blessings!

1 comment:

A Tiny Hiney said...

OMGosh!!! The panty liner story just cracked me up!!!! Whoopsies!!! I'm sure the treacher got a laugh too!! How funny!! 29 weeks...yay!!!! Moving right along!! I can't believe it's basically November already!! Enjoy the sweet heartbeat sounds this morning, I loved that part for sure!