" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Sunday, October 21, 2012

28 weeks, Psalm 139, Revelations, and Hilltops

It's hard to believe that I've entered my third trimester and based on my induction date only have 79 days to go.When I think of the things I did 79 ago I know the time is going to fly. At the same time it seems so far away!  She is getting bigger and I'm starting to feel the slightest bit uncomfortable when attempting to fall asleep at night and feel like I'm a couple weeks shy of the waddle. A friend of mine had her baby girl this past week and just seeing pictures of her daughter brought tears to my eyes knowing that I will be doing the same thing not too far from now.


Yesterday we celebrated Noah's 8th birthday with his friends at Chuck E Cheese. He was so adorable all week getting excited to spend time with his friends. Friday night over dinner he walked through his agenda from Friday night to Saturday morning up to his party which started at 9:30am.  He ran into bed Friday night telling me he was so excited to go to bed so he could get up and go to his party. I was so thankful that 5 of his friends came and we had the whole place to ourselves which was great. I will be the first to admit that Chuck E Cheese is one of my least favorite places only because it's normal chaos and tons of kids running all over. Thankfully because we had his party early we were on the only people there up to ten minutes before leaving. It was perfect and Noah was thrilled! I was able to talk with all of the parents and get to know them a little better which was nice. Noah has been in the same class for 3 of the children since Kindergarten and it's been neat to watch their friendships develop over the last few years.

This morning I got up and went to the grocery store around 5:20 which is actually a little late for my "normal" grocery run. I love to go very early when there is no one there and take my time getting groceries for my two week menu.  As I drove this morning I was filled with emotion as I drove up and down the large hill that I go across almost every day. For whatever reason this morning as I drove up it memories came flooding back to when Carmen was here right after Mason died and I drove across town to the wrong Walgreens. We traveled over the hill and listened to the CD that was made for his funeral and talked.  This morning I thought of that memory and then moved to thinking about how Carmen will be coming in 77 days to be here for Harper's birth. I am so incredibly thankful for our friendship. As Christine says in Grey's Ananotomy she is "my person". Carm and I have been best friends since we were 15. She has always been there and she's the one person in my life aside from Chad that I don't have to explain things to because she's been there with me through almost everything as I have with her.  It's so incredible because her mom is going to fly from Texas to Georgia to stay with her husband and help with their two kids as her husband is in the military and has quite a hectic work schedule. She will be here for 11 days and as I shared with her this morning I can't wait for the memories we are going to make while she is here.  It's so fitting because not only is she my best friend, Chad and I asked her to be Harper's godmother so we are thrilled that she can be here for her birth.  I feel so incredibly blessed and look forward to watching her relationship with Harper grow as my relationship with her daughter Avery has grown over the years.

After unpacking the groceries and enjoying a breakfast sandwhich Chad made we got cleaned up and headed to church.  I LOVE our church home.  I struggle with finding the right words to even begin to explain our pastor.  His sermons are profound and God breathed.  This morning he started by reading Psalm 139 1-4: O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.  And as he shared this verse I just felt covered with peace.  I know that God know that days of my life and those of my children and I find great comfort in knowing He has complete control.  I know that as He keeps me safe he does my children and He knows my steps before I've even taken them. I would be lying if I said that I am always at peace and never questions His plan for my life, or that I handle the craziness that is often thrown at me well, but I know in the depth of my heart that His plan is perfect and that it's not my job to understand it.  It's my job to trust Him and honor him admist the "unknown" that we often face.  After worship He moved into Revelations as his latest series is taking us through the last book in the Bible.  His wisdom and knowledge of the books has made understanding it seem so simple.  I've had the wonderful opportunity to participate in several studies on the book of Revelations over the years but have enjoyed the freshness this series brings to such an amazing book in the Bible.

As quickly as Friday came so does Monday sneak up on us tomorrow.  This week will bring Chad's 33rd birthday! We have a couple of things planned to celebrate another year of his life and I'm excited for our one on one date Thursday evening.  He is taking Friday off and doing a fun activity with the boys and then we are having friends over for dinner Friday evening which will be alot of fun.  I can't imagine being married to anyone else and am so thankful that God brought him into my life a little over nine years ago. It's hard to believe we've been together almost a 1/3 of my life!! Well I must finish getting ready for the week but can't wait to share pics of Ky's first practice.

No comments: