" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Veggie Tales and Quilting

I'm so glad that Spring is here! It has been so nice having the sun out longer, the snow is gone, flowers are planted, and we are enjoying our time together! Chad and I are taking Friday off and having a date day! I'm so looking forward to it. We are traveling to Cedarburg and enjoying the shops and dining! So far I've found a quilting shop, scrapbook shop, pottery place, crepe restaurant, and a winery I went to in the fall. That's what started my fascination with this town. My girlfriend and I toured 13 wineries one weekend and went to the one in Cedarburg...it's the cutest town but we only had time to visit the winery and pottery shop. I've been dying to go back and explore more and Chad has been asking for us to do something fun so there we go! :) I'm definately looking forward to our talks...we always have great ones when we drive. We talk about memories as a child and so many random things..it's great! Saturday we are going with our dear friends to Chicago to show them around the city. They are heading back to Texas next month and have wanted to go and explore. So a few fun filled days ahead and Sunday we will be relaxing with our little men after church and just enjoy being together.
Speaking of my little men...last week I came across a veggie tales devotion for kids that I bought two years ago...At the time the boys weren't old enough to understand the stories but they are at the perfect age right now. I started reading them a story every night before bed followed but the questions they have in the devo. They love it and I've so enjoyed having this special time with them. I can't believe how big they are getting! We had Noah's kindergarden orientation last week and I'm on the verge of tears just thinking about him being in school all day!
In my spare time...which has been limited I have been quilting and loving every minute of it! I just finished my third quilt and will be posting pics soon! I have two more quilts going, one I just started and one i'm finishing up. There just aren't enough hours in the day but this has been something i've always wanted to learn how to do and I'm so thankful for the opportunity that dropped in my lap. At class tonight i dropped of my quilt i've been working on for my friend Dawn who just got married. It should be done next week and then I just have to do the binding.
Well that's the beginning of my week in a nutshell:)

No comments: