" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's been awhile

It feels like forever since I have posted and boy do I have a lot to write about. I am meeting one of my dear friends T for dinner at my favorite Thai restaurant, but am waiting for her to call me to let me know she is on her way, before I leave my house. Where do I start?

Christmas was wonderful! We truly enjoyed every minute of our 5 day weekend with the boys and all of our family and friends. The boys were so blessed and received more toys then two boys know what to do with. We read the Christmas story and talked to them about Jesus's birth every day for weeks before Christmas, although Noah still thinks Jesus's daddy's name is Chad...lol. It will stick one of these days. Chad and I enjoyed our time together as well. We were able to watch movies and just enjoy each others company. Our friend Nick is home from overseas and we were able to spend time with him, his wife, and their two kids quite a bit which was great. My sister came home from Florida and that was interesting. She is seventeen and full of drama...I really think she had gotten more dramatic since she started college but I could be wrong. Either way I had a headache after listening to her for a couple of hours. Don't get me wrong I love her dearly but couldn't keep up with everything that is going on in her world. Plus to be quite honest she in this selfish stage right now and doesn't really think about anyone else but herself....but anyhow. We did enjoy our time together and she is now back at school where it is warm.

Flooring update- We met with our friend last week and ordered everything to go downstairs in order to get the flooring replaced. I'm so excited because if everything goes according to plan it should be complete by Sat. evening!(Today)Yeah! We still have to find a vanity we like to replace the one in our bathroom but we wanted to focus on the flooring first.

Family happenings- Please say a prayer for my sister Ashley... She is right below me in the line of siblings and we are very close. I haven't talked about it much on my blog, but we come from a very disfunctional family. My sister is in her last year of college and is going to school to become a physcologist. This semester a lot of her classes focused on alcoholism and depression, two things that hit to close to home. She has had a hard time dealing with all of the memories that came flooded back and a week ago wanted to commit suicide. It was quiet scary for the couple of days after she shared her plan with me, but we are blessed as a family to have a wonderful counselor who has helped us through many things throughout the years and this time was no different. Unfortunately it’s not a quick fix and something that is going to take a lot of time. I think Ash is doing better today then she was last week, but my heart breaks for her. My mom is having a hard time with everything as well. She suffered from abused wives syndrome and PTSD and unfortunately has always struggled to be a parent to my siblings. She does the best that she can but is so broken that when parenting gets touch she just loses it and doesn’t have the strength or mental capacity to work through things. I know God has a plan for my family and he continues to show his hand in everything, but there are many days where things seem to be so overwhelming and it often feels like it’s never going to end. It’s during these times with my family that I am so thankful for my husband and the family we have together. I am so blessed to have found a man that quite frankly is nothing like my dad and love me unconditionally and is an amazing father and friend. I know all of those things sound cliché, but it is so true.

I woke up this morning early, which while I wanted to sleep in I’m excited to have a little time by myself before the boys get up. I’ve started this blog several times and finally saved it to word so I could finish it before I posted. This morning I’m planning on taking all of my Christmas décor down. I started a couple of days ago but was pooped after working on it for 10 minutes. I also have the normal dishes, laundry, cleaning, and Target run to do. I’m also trying to figure out something fun to do with the boys to keep them upstairs why the floor is being installed downstairs. I was thinking about making new playdough for them which would be fun. Tomorrow I’m hoping to get some scrapping down before the week starts, but we’ll see. I have this running list of things I would like to get down before classes start up in two weeks. Well I think I’m going to start working on taking all of my ornaments off of the tree. Can I just tell you how much I love Hallmark’s 50% off sale after Christmas? I picked up the boys ornaments for this Christmas after Christmas although I picked up Baby’s second Christmas ornament for Ky and then later realized that even though he’s 2 it’s really his 3rd Christmas. I figure it will make a funny story when he gets older. J I’m planning on uploading my pictures this weekend and will share some soon.

1 comment:

Erika said...

It's great to hear that you had a wonderful Christmas! I'm sorry to hear about your sister and what she is going through. I pray that with God's love she is able to stay strong and fight this battle she is suffering though.
How many siblings do you have?? The 2nd Christmas ornament story is HILarious! What a fun story that will make when the kiddos get older! Haha! I hope you have a wonderful week!