" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Thursday, January 15, 2009

-18 and Snow!

I can't even begin to tell you how frigid cold it is here. Today our temp gauge in our explorer read -18. It reminds me so much of when I lived in Alaska! There are so many days where I am homesick for Alaska and miss all of my dear friends, but then there are days like today when I remember just how cold it is there. All of the schools were canceled but our company never closes so we made it into work in one piece and I defrosted eventually:) Actually I have a really cute necklace that goes with one of my favorite short sleeve tops that I decided to wear today...What was I thinking? :) I had a rough morning at work but was blessed by going to lunch with one of my friends. She is 17 years older than me but loves Jesus and has so much wisdom. I love going to lunch with her because we share how our walk with the Lord is going and share prayer requests, praises, and truly enjoy talking about our Savior. I went back to work feeling so blessed to have Christ in my life. I know it sounds cliche but I can't imagine not having a personal relationship with him. Don't get me wrong, there were many years of my life where I did not follow him and even today I have my moments, but I'm so thankful that he died for me...for all of us and that I know where my salvation lies. My heart aches for several of my close friends who do not know him and I pray that some day in His time they will. I'm just so thankful that I have him in my life now and don't go through my whole life not knowing him. Sorry for rambling. :)
I'm making my favorite enchilada with rice casserole...yummy! The rice is cooking on the stove and as soon as it is done I can start putting everything together. After dinner I'm going to play with the boys and have our nightly devotional time which has become the favorite part of my evening. Chad does bath time with them and then it's play time for a bit and off to bed for them. I love the show Private Practice and plan on watching that tonight. This is my first full week where I feel like I finally have my energy back. I went to the chiropracter today and that made so much difference. I'm so excited because i'm going to the spa Sat. morning for a massage! I've wanted to get one around Christmas time but I had to wait until I was three months. I'm so looking forward to relaxing for a full hour!!! Chad and I are planning on doing something fun with the boys this weekend although we are undecided on what exactly we are going to do. I'm hoping the temp will rise a bit so it's not so cold. He did mention going to Michaels to look at their scrapbook shelving for me:) With the baby coming my scrapbook room is moving downstairs and my scrapbook room is going to become the nursery. While I've enjoyed having the whole room to myself I'm willing to give it up:) So now we are looking for good orgnaization ways to store everything up high in my new home downstairs so busy hands can't get into everything. With the boys playroom being downstairs it will be right next to my new scrapbook area. I love the fact that my husband proposed the idea though...I honestly hadn't even gotten that far. Anyhow that's what's going on in our world the next couple of days. I plan on taking a 14 week prego picture on Sat and will be sure to post. I'm starting to pop already. It's amazing with each pregnancy how I pop quicker and quicker.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Burrr! I got the chills just reading your post! The enchilada rice casserole sounds like it would warm you right up!! Mmm! Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead of you! I'm jealous of your massage! My MIL gave me a 90-minute massage for Christmas--I'm just waiting for the right time to use it! (I guess I don't feel stressed enough! Not sure if that's good or bad. Ha!)
Your relationship with the Lord sounds so intimate! I love to hear that! The dinners/lunches/coffee with other Women of God is so special to me! I love that time!!
Tomorrow I'm going to see "Last Chance Harvey" with my mom & then going to my niece's 2nd birthday party then dinner with the neighborhood girls on Sunday night! I'm looking forward to sleeping in too...both days! Talk to you soon! Well, enjoy your weekend with the family!