" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentines Day, Zumba, Fellowship

I apologize in advance as this post is going to be all over the place covering different topics from my world the last few weeks to get me caught up a bit. :)

Weeks 3-5 at home with Harper were wonderful!! We got into a good routine as far as waking up in the morning giving her a bath and dressing her in something cute for the day.. :)  Since the flu season was rampid around here I did my best not to take her out unless we really needed to go somewhere and if we did I have three, yes three, mini bottles of hand sanitizer in her diaper bag. :) 

She definately hit a growth spurt during week three. I was exhausted from feeding more often than not but was greatful in the same breath that she was growing and gaining weight. Most of that week consisted of me napping when she did and enjoying my time with family as they came over to hold her and chat.  I tried working out week three but it was too soon and my body let me know....SO I waited and let it continue to heal. I did get my eating clean books out and got serious about what I'm eating.  I can already feel a huge difference in the way I feel throughout the day by cutting out so many of the processed foods and refined sugars I was eating while pregnant. 

By the end of week four I tried working out again and was successful. Yeah!!! I was so excited to get back into a routine and start working at losing this baby weight. I know that it took nine months to put one and am giving myself ample time to get it off but can't wait to be back in my clothes that I love and just feel comfortable with my body. 

Our church has an amazing mom's group that meets every Wednesday and I've never been able to participate because I work full time during the day. One of my goals while on maternity leave was to attend and meet some moms and hopefully make a few new friends. I packed up Harper and we went last Wednesday and loved it!! God knew that I really needed to be with ladies that day and fellowship.  I haven't provided and update since first posted about L, but the short version is that precious L needs a heart transplant and won't be leaving the hospital until she gets one. Her parents have been living in a nightmare the past 7 weeks and it's been painful watching them go through everything that has come their way since L was born.  You see Mich my dear friend and I had planned our maternity leave before we had the girls...not crazy detailed but you know things like week two we'd grab Starbucks and relax at each other's homes with the girls and just relax...week 6 we might attempt mall walking or a spinning class. And in short just really be there with each other during this wonderful time enjoying our daughters and the things that come with being home.  Well with all that's happeneded since L was born things changes quickly and while we support them 100% percent and are trying to be there for them and their family any way we can it's been a bit sad not doing what we planned. I'm not sure I'm expressing my thoughts well.  But needless to say it was refreshing to go to church last Wednesday and meet moms and talk with them and pray for Mich and L and their family, the doctors, and all that is going on in their world. It was also nice just to talk to an adult during the day.  I have truly enjoyed every moment with Harper at home and tear up over the thought of returning to work, but when you are used to engaging with people all day long and then it's quiet after the initial rush of visitors it's taken me a bit of getting used to. For example I don't watch daytime television and now I find myself telling my girlfriends about what happened today on Kelly and Michael or who Ellen had on her show. :)


Valentines Day 2013
 Chad decided to take Thursday off of work to spend with Harper and I and we took her to her first movie, Identity Theft. Hilarious movie! She did really good the whole movie. I wore my Moby, which I LOVE, and she slept almost the whole time. We wanted to go to one of our favorite resteraunts in town but didn't have time to do both. We did enjoy loving on H all day though. That evening my sister, Ashely, and I went to Zumba and it kicked my butt!! I haven't been to Zumba since I was first pregnant and I really enjoyed it.  We went to a place that has it at a church in town and it was AWESOME!! I can't wait to go again tomorrow. I'm not coordinated at all but I love working out to the music and how fast the hour goes by. I weighed in on Sunday and am down another two pounds which I am excited about. That brings my total weight loss to 33 pounds!! I've now lost all of my pregnancy weight plus three pounds. And I have quite a ways to go to my goal weight but am extremly motivated and excited to see results and get back into my jeans. :)

Today has been a lazy day at home with Harper cuddling all day long. I am nervous that I have strep and am going in for a culture tomorrow. My glands are swollen and I appear to have white spots on the back of my mouth. I'm hoping they get the results quickly so I can get meds and call Harper's pediatrician to see what I should do to ensure she doesn't get whatever I have. So depending on how all of that goes will determine what we do this week. I'm hoping to go to Zumba on Tuesday and Thursday after Chad gets home from work and mom's group on Wednesday but we will see.

She smiles a lot... Love her!

He is a proud big brother who is now helping all the time!

Noah was nervous to get so close to her but now enjoys helping also

She loves her baths!

She was not having it! But still managed to look cute

I can't stop staring at her even when she is sleeping


Mom I'm done with the pictures! :)
 Well Harper is waking up so I must run but I will leave you with a few picture from weeks 3-5. Enjoy.

No comments: