" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Insomnia

I have to say that this pregnancy has been full of many sleepless nights including this one. And to be honest they don't bother me a whole lot because I've had insomnia for years, however I feel like it's only gotten worse over the last 8.5 months. I think part of it is that I can't get my brain to shut off and or when I get up to go to the bathroom (which seems to be almost every hour these days) I start thinking again about things I want to do, or Harper, or her room, or the boys, or 1000 other things. And my routine is usually the same. I lay there and turn side to side and pray that I will fall back asleep and when I can't I grab my phone or one of Chad's if mine is dead and read hoping that will make me tired. And if that doesn't work then I get up and start walking around and doing something. Sometimes it's changing laundry, or dishes, or cleaning out closets.  Tonight it was walking into Harper's room and looking at her bookshelf that just came yesterday and picking up her diaper bag and other new items and just looking at them.  I can't believe she will be here in on a few weeks. The time has flown by so fast and now I sit with anticipation of holding her, counting her fingers and toes, looking at her tiny face, and just loving on her.  I can't wait. I told Chad that I know I won't mind the sleepless nights to come because I will have her to keep me company and will cherish every moment awake with her. I think that I'll even sleep better once she's here...but I'll keep you posted on that one. For now I'm going to catch up on some blog reading and hopefully head back to bed. Tomorrow is another busy but fun day!

No comments: