" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Perfect Peace

Our appt yesterday was amazing, full of encouraging news, and next steps defined.  In short the baby is doing well and has not been negatively impacted by my infection.  My white blood cell count is back to normal and my fever has stayed down. My OB requested that I stay local and don't travel to the city for work indefinately which is fine by me. And to my complete surprise we found out that we are having a baby girl!!!! Going in to the ultrasound the tech asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby to which I replied, "yes, but I assume it's a boy"..to which she replied " Well I don't assume anything and will only tell you if I know for sure"...as the appt progressed she made small talk with Chad and I asking about the boys we had at home, their names, age, etc...and then says "Well they are going to make great big brothers to their little sister"..to which I wanted to reply Shutup, but responded with "You've got to be kidding me!!!" And the tears flowed and Chad jumps up arms in the air and says "Yes, we can be done if we want too.." and then " I need to start saving for her wedding, prom, and purchase a shot gun"... It was a precious/surreal moment. The rest of the afternoon flew by and we continued to look at each other and repeat "Can you believe it's a girl"... I've been calling her, him, he, Brody for the last few months and was just so excited to find out we are being blessed with a daughter. And after work I made my first stop to buy a couple of girl outfits and had a blast.  So much so that when I woke up at 2am I spent an hour and a half looking at etsy and putting many hairbows in my shopping cart along with some other fun things. 

On Friday we are going to go register at Babys R' US and Chad will start painting the nursery on Saturday. I think i sent multiple texts to our friends and family all day yesterday and are thrilled that four months from now we will be our daughter. Now we are just wondering who she will look like and what color hair/eyes she will have. So incredibly thankful that she is healthy.

1 comment:

A Tiny Hiney said...

Love this!!!!! So excited that you are having a girl!!!! Can't wait to see her sweet pics!!! Have you decided on a name yet???