" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Trusting Him

It's been a few days since I've posted and as always I have so much to share/talk about. I'm not even sure where to begin... Friday (july 17th) was my due date and for the past few months I have been looking to that day with much anticipation...it's another date that has alot of meaning and emotion attached to it. I decided to take the day off and the following Monday as well. My best friend Carmen and her two kids flew up from San Antonio to be with me and we had a wonderful time with all of our kids and each other. Carm has been my best friend since we were 15 and has been there for me through everything. She flew up right after I had Mason and has been there for the many phone calls and tears along the way. Having her here this weekend was a blessing. She flew in Thurs evening and we got the kids all settled in. Friday morning I woke up and took Chad to work and then headed over to visit Mason. I miss him so much and my time at his gravesite was bittersweet. Carm and I spent the next few days playing with our children who got along great! We went to the zoo, a park, and for the most part just played outside at our home and spent every evening on the deck talking over a bottle of wine after the kids went to bed. She and the kids flew back to TX last night. Her husband is currently overseas and they are getting ready to move to Europe for three years next month. Luckily they have a long layover in Chicago so I will get to see her and the fam one last time before they make their big move.

Tonight I'm wide awake and can't sleep..should be and wish I could but can't. You see my company has been working with our parent company for the past 6 months on integrating under one umbrella and I was approached a couple of weeks ago about a job at our corporate headquarters in Chicago. I've gone through three interviews and they
all went very well. My to be manager is in Ireland this week but I'm supposed to hear back from her this coming Monday. I'm patiently waiting but am struggling on waiting! Patience has never been my strong point but I know God is teaching me to trust and wait on Him and this is the perfect example/opportunity to do just that. I keep hearing the song in my head..."While I'm waiting I will serve you..." I know He has an amazing plan for our family and I'm excited to see it revealed but am also a little nervous at all of the change this opportunity will bring to our family. So please be praying for us as we wait to see what God has in store. I truly feel after much prayer that this is where he wants me right now and am trusting that the details will all fall into place.

Lastly I watched the movie Fireproof with Carm while she was here and Wow!! It was really amazing...had so many good points and truly humbled me. I'm so excited to watch it with Chad as I think any marriage can gain wisdom from watching it. We are blessed to have a wonderful marriage and I'm so thankful to have a husband who is so supportive. I recommend this movie to everyone and can't wait to watch it again.

Well I'm finally starting to get tired but wanted to write a bit and let my thoughts out. I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday...today was my Monday so I'm all mixed up.

1 comment:

Erika said...

That's wonderful that your best friend was able to come visit you during the time you needed her most! That's exactly what friends are for!! I've heard so much about that movie, I definitely want to check it out! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Any word back on the new job opportunity?