" I am the Lord. I change not." Malachi 3:6

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Choosing Joy!

It's been interesting being homebound for the past 32 days. Mind you if I had my mobility I would be a cleaning freak and organizing everything because I love to both. It would also give me plenty of time to make some of my recipes that are piling up. unfortunately my time as home has been none of the above. I have to keep my foot elevated and am not to be up more than 15 minutes for every hour. So it's been a challenge for this mama who is constantly struggling with a false sense of "control". But the challenge has turned to one of joy. The time at home being still has given me the opportunity to spend a lot of time in prayer and have some amazing talks with Chad. It's given me time to play 15 games of connect four with my sons night after night. I've been able to spend time with my girlfriends talking as they stop over to say hi. What started off as hurdle has turned into a blessing. And for that I am choosing joy. I will not let the devil be victorious this time. And believe it would be easy too at times. I feel like a marshmellow having not worked out in 32 days. But you know the gym will be there when I am mobile and until then I'm thankful for each day he is giving me at home. The extra sleep has been nice and not commuting 3 hours three times a week has been great. So this morning i am enjoying a wonderful cup of coffee, smiling, and thankful that God's patience and love is unconditional. Because i don't deserve it..not even one bit. But i'm so humbled and thankful for it. Here's to choosing joy today and every day! Blessings!

No comments: